Vacation Rentals Agreement
Standard Short-term Holiday Letting Contract
The following outlines the key policies and information surrounding our short-term holiday rental/lettings agreements.
This contract can be cancelled by the prospective tenant at any time and the following refund of the rent will be made:
- 90% of the total rent is charged for every confirmed reservation.
- Up to 3 months before the beginning of the tenancy, 75% of the total rent.
- Up to 8 weeks before the beginning of the tenancy, a refund of 50% of the rent.
- Cancellations made after 8 weeks before the beginning of the tenancy will not merit any refunds. However, the owner, may, at their discretion consider a refund of up to 50% if they are able to secure tenants for most of the period previously booked.
Check in and Check out
Check in is after 2.30pm and check out is before 12.00 noon. Different check in and check out time can be negotiated locally with the owner/manager of the apartment as these will be dependent on other bookings.
There is a strict no smoking policy anywhere inside the apartment.
Breakages and Cleaning
An additional holding deposit of £100 will be required to cover any equipment that is damaged or broken during the tenant’s stay. This deposit will be repaid to the tenant on the checkout day, after the property is inspected by the owner or their representative.
An additional fee of £50 to £100 will be charged if the property requires cleaning after the tenant has checked out. The provision of clean sheets, towels and dusting is excluded from this cost. However, item such as the disposal of rubbish, washing of dishes and cleaning of work surfaces will incur this surcharge.
Total Amount Due
Rent for the period (due 2 months before the holiday starts) pounds sterling (including Pay Pal fees)
Breakage Deposit…£100 (to be paid on arrival and refunded after checkout)
- There is an additional charge of £10 per person per night for additional guests staying overnight in the property. Guests agree that no more than 2 persons shall be permitted on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement.
- The Property is provided in “as is” condition. The owner shall use her best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet access, satellite or cable TV access or air conditioning. The owner shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible.
- Guests shall use the apartment for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the apartment and keep it in clean and sanitary condition at all times.
- Guests and any additional permitted person shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbours, nor shall Guests use the apartment for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the apartment.
- If Guests should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all their property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the rental fee shall be made.
- Guests shall not assign or sublease the apartment or permit the use of any portion of the apartment by other persons who are not family members.
- Guests agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the apartment or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and the owner shall not be responsible or liable.
- The owner or their agent reserves the right to enter the apartment at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the apartment or showing it to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Rental Agent has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Agent may enter the Property without advance notice.
- In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of the owner, the owner and their agent will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the apartment with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the Guests. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, the owner or their agent shall immediately return all payments made by the Guests, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guests and Rental Agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement.